Home Groups at Arcola Bible Church have a distinct role in our growth, both individually and as a church. In most of our Bible training opportunities, we attempt to dig deep into the Scriptures to understand God’s Word better. In our home groups, the emphasis is on working Scriptural principles into our daily lives. Home groups provide a “safe,” comfortable environment where we can mutually encourage one another. The practical application of the “one anothers” of Scripture (e.g., “love one another,” “bear one another’s burdens”) can be experienced by the members of each home group.
We invite everyone to one of our Home Groups. Typically, at least one group will be going through “Firm Foundations“. This is a walk through the Old Testament developed by New Tribes Mission. It is designed to lay the foundation for our understanding of God, and what is required for us to be in a right relationship with Him. We encourage everyone in our church to go through this nine month study.
- New Pastor’s Classes Offerred: The Pastor’s Class Home Group is a 5 week introduction to Arcola Bible Church. If you have started attending Arcola within the last year, this group is for you. After 5 weeks, you will have the option to be part of a new home group, or attend one of our existing groups. If you have questions, please contact Pastor Don or Ray.
- Wednesday in Lenah Mill starting Sept 21, 7pm
- Thursday in Cedarwood, starting Sept 22, 7pm
Arcola Bible Church Home Groups are current forming:
- Leesburg: Wednesdays, 6:30pm dinner, 7:00 pm at the Feeney’s home
Contact Paul or Kate, 703-864-0931, Child care is provided
- Stone Ridge: Wednesdays, 6:00pm dinner, 6:30pm study at the Miaw’s home
- Contact Jireh or Rachel, (703) 268-0190, Children welcome
- South Riding: Wednesday, 7:00 pm at the Samson’s home
Contact Donny or Meredith, 703-864-4894
- Lenah Run: Thursdays, 7:00 pm at the Hardwood’s home
Contact Josh or Jacquie, Children over 5 have a place to play
- Lenah Mill: Thursdays, 7:00 pm at the Price’s home
Contact Jamie or Janice, 703-220-6202, Contact for child care availability
** For each group, the child care plan may change based upon who attends the group. Please do not allow child care concerns to limit your decision to attend.